Flu Vaccination Clinics
The Pomperaug District Department of Health offers flu vaccinations for persons 6 months and older. Clinics are held at various locations, including weekly clinics at the Health District office. All vaccinations are administered by experienced, licensed nurses.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we changed the way we do our flu clinics this year. Clinics are by appointment only in order to facilitate social distancing. Walk-ins are not accepted. CDC and State COVID-19 guidelines will be followed. Masks are required. If you do not have one, PDDH will provide one for you.
Flu Shot Clinic Appointments
Please click on the links below to make an appointment for a flu shot. Each person must have their own appointment.
Save Time! Bring pre-filled forms to the clinic. Download the Flu Vaccine Consent form and complete it prior to the clinic. All children 18 years and younger must also have the CT Vaccine Program Eligibility form They are a fillable forms. Also, bring copies of your insurance card(s).
Policy for Administering Flu Vaccine When Children Accompanied by Persons Other Than Parent: The Pomperaug District Department of Health will not administer flu vaccine to children under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or a caregiver. If the child is accompanied the caregiver, the following permission letter must be presented at the clinic.
9/29/2020 We are still working on staffing a few of our flu clinics. If the clinic you wanted is full, please check back to see if additional appointment slots have been added.
Clinics for the General Public:
PDDH Office • Weekly • Mondays • 3 – 5:30 PM The flu shot clinics on December 28 and January 4 have been cancelled.
Vaccine InformationThe following flu vaccines are offered for the 2020-21 flu season:
- Quadrivalent Shot: for persons 6 months and older
- FluMist Quadrivalent Nasal Spray Vaccine: for healthy persons 2 – 49 years old
- High Dose Quadrivalent Shot: for persons 65 years and older 10/16/2020 UPDATE: The Pomperaug Health District has just received a large shipment of Hugh Dose Flu Vaccine and are expecting more in the coming weeks. We anticipate having ample supply to meet demand.
- Flublok Quadrivalent: for persons 18 years and older; not made with eggs; suitable for persons with egg allergies
The 2020-21 fees for the vaccines are as follows: quadrivalent injectable flu vaccine $30; FluMist vaccine $30; high dose flu vaccine $65; Flublok $65.
The following insurances are accepted (must be your primary insurance) and cards must presented at the clinic for *each person.*
- Medicare (Part B)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (except the AccessHeath CT / CT Exchange plans – the Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans)
- ConnectiCare (except the AccessHeath CT / CT Exchange plans – the Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans)
- Medicaid/HUSKY As of 10/1/2020 the problem with Medicaid & HUSKY has been rectified. We are now accepting these plans again.
Save time at the clinic by bringing copies of your card(s) to attach to your consent form.
We CANNOT accept the following insurances; however you may pay with cash, check, Mastercard or VISA:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield AccessHeath CT / CT Exchange – the Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze plans.
- Connecticare AccessHealth CT / Ct exchange Plans – the Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Plans.
- Vaccine Information Statement - Quadrivalent, High Dose & Flublok Vaccine (125KB)
- Vaccine Information Statement - FluMist (125KB)
- Flu Vaccine Consent Form - For Persons 6 months & Older (228KB)
- Flu Vaccine Consent Form - All Persons 6 mos. and older - FILLABLE VERSION (338KB)
- CT Vaccine Program Eligibility Form - Required for All Children 18 years and younger (383KB)
- Permission to Administer Vaccine When Child is Not Accompanied by Parent (84KB)