COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Pomperaug District Department of Health (PDDH) is providing COVID-19 vaccinations according to Connecticut’s designated vaccination phases. On 2/11/21, Phase1b group will be expanded to people who are 65 years or older. Additionally we will vaccinate healthcare workers and first responders who are eligible in Phase 1a. We are using the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
PDDH COVID vaccination clinics for persons 65 years and older are now available.
PDDH is providing vaccinations for Phase 1a personnel and for Phase 1b persons 65 years and older (as of 2/11/2021).
- The best way to make an appointment will be on our online appointment system, using the links below.
- Click here to go to appointment links
- Please check back frequently as we will add more clinics and appointments slots as resources allow.
- Persons without internet access can call our office at 203-264-9616, extension 7 to make an appointment. Please be advised that the phone lines will be very busy.
Our vaccination clinics are by appointment only and are socially distanced.
To be vaccinated you must:
- Be in one of the current vaccination priority groups.
- Schedule an appointment with a link that is provided below.
- After you schedule your appointment, check your email for an appointment confirmation and/or reminder. Those emails will contain links to the forms you need. Those forms are also in the Download section on this page.
- Read the fact sheet for the Emergency Use Authorization for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Complete the Consent Form and bring it to the clinic. It is also provided in the Download section on this page.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card. We can bill insurance for the administration cost of the vaccine.
- Arrive at the clinic for your appointed time. Plan on at least 30-45 minutes at the clinic. There will be a 15-minute waiting time after you receive your vaccine for precautionary observation.
- You must schedule an appointment for a second dose at the time of your first vaccination. The second dose should be given 28 days after the first dose. Every effort should be made to obtain your second dose from the same organization that provided your first dose. Our clinics are carefully coordinated to match the 28 day requirement and to minimize vaccine wastage.
Links for COVID Vaccination Appointments for Persons 65 years and Older and healthcare workers:
The clinic at the Woodbury Senior Center is full:
COVID Vaccination Clinic for persons 65 years at older at the Woodbury Senior Center
Other Options for COVID Vaccination Appointments
The State of CT is setting up alternate places and phone numbers to secure appointments.
COVID Vaccination Access in CT
Consider” signing up for V-Safe. It is a voluntary smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Here is the link for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html