COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Pomperaug Health District is coordinating with local school districts to offer back-to-school clinics for students 12 years and older. Once the clinics have been confirmed, the school district will communicate the clinics information to parents and provide a link to make an appointment.
At this time, we do not have any clinics scheduled for 3rd doses or for school and child care staff. Please check back frequently.
COVID vaccinations are readily available for persons 12 years and older at a variety of sites, statwide. To find a clinic near you, visit: ct.gov/covidvaccine
Our vaccination clinics are by appointment only.
Some helpful hints for our clinics:
- After you schedule your appointment, download the forms for the vaccine that you will be receiving. They can be found in the download section of this page.
- Read the fact sheet for the vaccine that you will be receiving.
Moderna EUA/Fact Sheet
Pfizer EUA/Fact Sheet for 12 Years and Older
- Complete the Consent Form form ahead of time and bring it to the clinic. Moderna Consent Form
Pfizer Consent Form – 12 Years and Older
- Bring a copy of your insurance card. We can bill insurance for the administration cost of the vaccine. For seniors, a copy of your traditional Medicare card is required.
- Arrive at the clinic for your appointed time. Plan on at least 20-30 minutes at the clinic. There will be a 15-minute waiting time after you receive your vaccine for precautionary observation.
- You must schedule an appointment for a second dose at the time of your first vaccination. The second dose should be given 21 or 28 days after the first dose, depending on which vaccine you receive.
Other Options for COVID Vaccination Appointments
Consider” signing up for V-Safe. It is a voluntary smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Here is the link for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
- Pfizer - COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Form - 12 years & older (REV 8/4/21) (150KB)
- Pfizer - Fact Sheet for Recipient and Caregivers Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine (12 yrs. & older) (431KB)
- Moderna - COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Form (REV 5/19/21) (220KB)
- Fact Sheet for Recipient and Caregivers Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (18 years & older) (614KB)
- Letter for Absentee Parent - Authorizing Consent to Vaccinate Child (96KB)
- PDDH HIPAA Privacy Notice (492KB)